De L'Horreur

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Jesus is just a guy who cuts my lawn."


Been on a bit of TV watching rampage recently, which means watching the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy in two days...Needless to say, we're obsessed. I enjoy finding a new TV series to watch that's actually decent and somewhat engaging. What is there not to like about about a TV show about bikers? Actually, I'm sure a lot of people could come up with a whole list of reasons. Though it can be a little overly American at times, perhaps a bit misogynistic and lately, there's been a little too much religion, I still love it. Awesome cast, interesting characters (actually some of the most interesting characters you can get on TV), exciting plot lines, violence, Irish accents- there's a lot to like! The last episode we saw was so tense it actually had me sweating. I'm so involved now, I can't wait to watch more.

Besides that, James has started on my intro to Westerns. I've seen the odd Western on TV and am a fan of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Giant (which is more of an epic romance-style western) but never any of the classics, and certainly no Clint Eastwood films. So we started with A Fistful of Dollars and I really liked it. I've discovered how much I love the look of old westerns, the sweeping, barren landscapes, riding around on horses (which I've always loved, maybe because I'm a girl), leather boots and gun holsters, it's just all very cool. So I'm excited to watch the rest of the Sergio Leone set and take it from there.

Other than that, we recently watched City of the Living Dead, most of The Burbs (I may have fallen asleep...) and the piece of shit remake of I Spit on Your Grave which you will be hearing about very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment