De L'Horreur

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oh Mon Dieu!

 So I have been a terrible writer this month. March has been interesting. I've been figuring out how I should be working for the time being (finally) and getting things together with that. We also got a kitten!! He's an adorable little black and brown kitty with funny eyes and a somewhat psychotic demeanor. We love him.

Not a lot of movie watching has been going on, in favor of sitting around and streaming television shows which is very weird for us. It started because I would be home most of the time and with James not around to watch movies with, I just started to watch nostalgic television shows and well, it perhaps got a bit out of hand! I didn't even do a post on our exploitation film of the month!!! My meager excuse for this is that I started writing it and got about a third of the way through when my computer decided to restart itself and the auto-save decided to malfunction at the same time on here so only two paragraphs were saved. I got a little frustrated and decided to re-write it later which turned into....never. So I can try to do it before the month is over but...no promises. It will be written though because it was a great film! And with April coming up so soon, there will be another!

We did finally settle in for a movie last night and it was really good. We watched I Saw the Devil (2010 South Korea) which is a horror/thriller about a secret agent who loses his pregnant fiancee to a serial killer and begins a harsh pursuit of revenge, blurring the lines between good and evil. First of all, the cinematography in this film was stunning. It was so crisp and clear and with such striking, beautiful colours that stood out in some of the more grisly scenes. There were so many shots that I wished I could get a screenshot of because they were so beautiful! There was some great gore too, a good amount of gross out scenes and excellent use of blood splattering and squirting.  I should do a proper review of this film actually because there's a lot to say. I definitely recommend it!!

Oh yeah, and we watched Rubber a while ago which was actually pretty awesome and went to see Red Riding Hood which was awful! Cool to see some stuff I helped make in it but that was it!

I will leave you now with pictures of little Bastian because I can't resist! He's the cutest little monster!



1 comment:

  1. You have been the terrible writer this year!! :)
    Come back!!

    http://giveawaysforeveryone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete