De L'Horreur

Friday, February 6, 2009

Buffalo Swan

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." - The Call of Cthullhu


I shall spare myself the awkwardness of trying to think of something to start with. I obviously am not a blogger and I really only made this so that I can comment on my dear schwestie's blog and to post pictures of things that I like/own/buy/make. Hopefully I'll start doing some art again and then I can dedicate this to that. Until then I shall litter the page with random crap that I like or find amusing.
Let us commence.
I recently had some rather excellent success with vintage shopping which can be rare for me because usually when I see something that I like it either doesn't fit or is rediculously over-priced. Here are my excellent finds:
Jackie (aka Schwest) and I went to the thrift store near our house to look for a picture frame for her and I ended eup finding some fancy delights for like $8 in total.
This delightfully fancy and over the top kleanex box I just couldn't resist. If I can't live in a palace, I might as well have a Kleanex box fit for one instead.
I love this frame. It's so weathered and old looking and of course has some ornate gold fanciness to satisfy me.
My other excellent find was this pretty hand mirror, just because, you know, it's nice and it was $3
And now for some clothing. I found this most excellent green velvet blazer

My inspiration for this one was Louis Garrel as Theo in The Dreamers. He wears a really nice green blazer sans pants. Quite excellent.I found this purse for $10 and for some reason just really liked it. I realise that it's quite 80s and sort of really ugly but I dig it. Plus I've wanted a bag with a long strap like this.








I also got this ruffled shirt and this pair of shoes which aren't vintage but were on sale for $25




















I shall conclude by saying that I can't stop listening to the album In The Future by Black Mountain, especially the song Wucan. Amazing. Also, I just found this lighter that I salvaged from my grandma's house. It's quite possibly the best thing ever. C'est "Bon"!






2 comments:

  1. The Bonhomme lighter!!! Refurbish that shit.

    That blazer is very Amelie (avec la jupe, not "sans pants" as you would like to wear it, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid m bum isn't quite as nice as Louis' so perhaps avec pants.

    ReplyDelete