De L'Horreur

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Tommorow the birds will sing"

"Be careful how you're driving."
"Am I Driving?"


What better way to spend a rainy day than curled up watching movies? The highlight of my day was watching Charlie Chaplin's 1931 City Lights. It's such a simple, sweet story with funny storylines like the tramp (Chaplin) saving an eccentric millionaire from killing himself and in return becoming the gentleman's new friend and drinking partner. The only catch is that when the millionaire sobers up, he has no idea who the tramp is! It's just such a classic and I'm glad I finally saw it all the way through.

So in honour of the film, I was inspired to try out some 1920s makeup. It didn't really turn out quite how I wanted it to but ah well, I can always try again. Someday I shall master it. I also have no idea how to make my hair look proper so I just went for some very poorly pinned curls.




I also thought I should share some 20s/30s related art from an artist I recently discovered by the name of Niagara. She used to be in a punk band and now she does some really cool sort of edgy comic-style pop art. I especially like these mixed media giclees.

I am now full of Magic Bullet chocolate mousse and due to drinking a lot of coffee at work tonight for lack of anything better to do, I am not the least bit tired so perhaps I shall watch Sam Fuller's Shock Corridor which I've been wanting to see for ages and finally rented. I'm curious to see if I have more weird dreams tonight. I think reading The Monk so much the last few days could be contributing.

No comments:

Post a Comment