De L'Horreur

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pretty Horrorshow

I should really start using the term horrorshow more often.

I am somewhat bored and decided to post some things that I am liking at the moment. First off some lovely art.

A while ago I discovered the artist Joel-Peter Witkin and bookmarked him so that I could go back and look at his work in more detail. Then of course, I forgot. But I recently rediscovered it and this piece in particular I love.

I also love the art of Camille Rose Garcia. This kind of spooky, comic-style art that's really bright and cute but also quite dark really suits me.


This particular one (below) is really cool. Its from a show that she did called Ultraviolenceland and I just love how did this setup in the gallery.

I also discovered the work of photographer E. J. Bellocq. He was a photographer in the late 1800s/early 1900s and did these amazing photographs of prostitutes from New Orleans. It was actually from discovering him that I found the work of Joel-Peter Witkin. What can I say, I just love haunting, old photographs.

Lastly, I simply cannot stop replaying this song. I'm obsessed. I aslo like the creepy video.













No comments:

Post a Comment